Whether you’d rather read the book or watch the movie, curl up with a cup of this fabulous hot cocoa for a classic cold weather treat!
While I’m one of the younger ones here at OldTimeCandy.com, I can still appreciate a good holiday tradition. Reading the Polar Express at Christmas time was a tradition at our house every year. I even remember bugging Mom to let us get it from the library during the summer, in hopes to feel that special Christmas magic in other parts of the year.
When we were much older, the movie came out. Of course who doesn’t love Tom Hanks! While we had our own imagination of what the Polar Express was like, the movie really did put it in a whole new light. Teaching us to believe in things that we might not necessarily be able to see, but still exist nonetheless.
One of my favorite parts of the movie is when the dancers served the hot chocolate! There are so many recipes floating around the internet. We’ve tried a few and made a few tweaks to make our version of perfect!
“Here, we’ve only got one rule: never, ever let it cool!
Keep it cookin in the pot, soon, ya got hot choc-o-late!”
- 3 – 3 Musketeers
- 1 1/2 cup – Milk
- 1 1/2 cup – Mini Marshmallows
- Chop candy into small pieces to make it easier to melt.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 45 seconds.
- Add 3/4 cup Milk, stir
- Microwave 1 minute, whisk well
- Add Marshmallows, 3/4 cup Milk, stir
- Microwave 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are thoroughly melted.
- Whisk well. Let cool slightly. Sprinkle more marshmallows on top and serve!
Special thanks to Santa Claus for letting us borrow your train!