Laffy Taffy is Willy Wonka's favorite taffy. It is available in fruit flavors and each wrapper comes with a corny kid's joke. For example, "What do you call a cow with no legs? - Ground Beef." [continued below]
Laffy Taffy History
Laffy Taffy is a brand of candy first produced in the 1970's. The name refers to both the texture (taffy) and silliness (each wrapper has a joke). The jokes are usually sent in by children who are credited on the wrapper.
Laffy Taffy Jokes
1. What is a tree's favorite drink?
2. Why did the elephant decide not to move?
It couldn't move it's trunk.
3. When does it rain money?
When there is a change in the weather.
4. What's the best thing about elevator jokes?
They work on so many levels.
5. Do you know what Mary had when she went to dinner?
Everyone knows Mary had a little lamb.
6. What did the pirate say on his 80th birthday?
7. What kind of tea is sometimes hard to swallow?
8. Why did the cactus cross the road?
It was stuck on the chickens back.
9. How do you turn a pot of stew into a pot of gold?
Add 24 carrots!
10. What is a sea monster's favorite snack?
Ships and dip.
11. What kind of ship never sinks?
Laffy Taffy Memories
My favorite memory of laffy taffy would have to be the one about my babysitter back in second grade. On Fridays, she would bring over a goody-bag which was a brown paper bag usually full of candy. If we had behaved ourselves all week, we got to reach into the bag and pull out a piece of candy. Of course, I would always try to grab the laffy taffy by feeling the wrappers.
To me, it was the best thing ever because I loved laffy taffy, and thought it was fun to read those riddles on the wrappers to my older sister who would just roll her eyes at me. Now, I'll be getting groceries and see a bag of them on the shelf and immediately grab it. It's become my favorite candy ever since that year. ~ Lauren from Georgia