Continuing the peppermint theme, this beautiful candle will be a perfect addition to your holiday table.
When crafting your own candle you could design yours in a variety of different ways. You could use pillar candles, tapers, or tealights. Let the creativity flow through your fingers.
We’ll give you instructions for the pillar candle that we did. Directions for the other candle sizes could be easily adjusted.
- Mint Sticks
- Glue (hot glue is the easiest)
- Rubber Band
- Candle (3×5 Pillar)
- Make sure the part of the candle that you are going to be gluing to is clean. Gluing is a little tricky and can be made more difficult if you are gluing to dirt.
- Open the packages of mint sticks and glue vertically along the bottom of the candle. We found it easiest to leave the candle on the table, that way the mint sticks were glued evenly around the base.
- After you make it all the way around the base of the candle, wrap a rubber band around the sticks for a little extra stability. Be careful not to use a band too tight as the sticks will crack.
- Tie a ribbon to add a festive touch (and to hide that rubber band).
- We tried both tacky glue and hot glue and found hot glue was easiest for this project due to its fast dry time. It was pretty difficult to hold the sticks in place while trying to glue the rest.
- Wet glue will also make the stripes on the mint sticks bleed and become a mess. Unless you’re going for the whole tie dye effect!
Share your candles with us on Facebook!