One of the most searched for items on our website is for the Hershey’s chocolate bars in a paper wrapper. Unfortunately, Hershey has switched over to using all plastic in their packaging of the full size bars. So, we’ve come up with a really cute idea to almost make up for it.
We’ve seen these fancy little winter characters all over the internet. These two might be the most simple. Here at OldTimeCandy.com we love SIMPLE! Crafting doesn’t have to be difficult. We figured the snowman and reindeer would be fairly simple for crafters of all ages to impress their friends. Whether it be for a winter party at school, small gifts for neighbors, or just as something to do on a cold snowy day. You could make these anyway you’d like. After all, we said these were simple! This is just how our in-house crafters did them.
- Assorted Paper (red, brown, white)
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaners
- Pom Poms
- Hershey’s Bars
- Cut Paper to shape. You need it to go all the way around the candy bar.
- Decorate the paper. For the reindeer, add googly eyes and the red nose. We waited to do the antlers at a later step! For the snowman, we drew on the face with a marker, glued 3 pom poms for buttons, tied a ribbon for a scarf, and made earmuffs by gluing pom poms and a pipe cleaner together.
- Then, we wrapped the paper around the Hershey Bar and glued it. We secured it to the candy bar, but it’s not necessary.
- For the antlers, we folded pipe cleaners and wrapped a smaller piece around the top. We then just stuck it between the paper and the candy bar.
See! Simple, inexpensive, and completely adorable! Share yours with us on Facebook!