We are Karen and Donny Ray and our business is located in LaGrange, Ohio. We grew up in the late fifties and early sixties and are certified "baby boomers." It cost 50 cents to go the "picture show" and a large bag of popcorn from the "dime store" was only a dime (really!). We remember the first McDonald's in Cleveland when the burgers were 15 cents and the fries sold for 12 cents. Those were the days!
This adventure began in July, 1999 when we walked into a large candy store in Cleveland, Ohio that specializes in old time candy. We had no idea that many of our old time favorites still existed. It was the candy we ate as kids. Necco Wafers, Candy Buttons on paper tape, Wax Lips, Candy Cigarettes. Amazing!
We went on-line in early 2000 with our first candy assortment and began to grow. In 2003 we moved into a larger facility and expanded at the beginning of 2004. We moved into a much larger facility in August of 2006 where we are located today. 2015 began our 15th year in the candy business. Thanks for helping us be successful. We hope you like what we do and will continue to support us with your purchases and referrals.
Karen is in this 1952 picture of a birthday party in Fairview Park, Ohio. She is standing to the right.
Donny sitting on his Grandma's back porch with her favorite dog, Danny. Grandma and Grandpa lived in Columbus, Ohio when this picture was taken in 1951.
CLASS OF 64
CLASS OF 63
What We Do
We have a lot of fun eating and selling the candy we ate as kids. Sometimes we are asked how we can sell 50 year old candy. It makes us smile and our response is that our candy is fresh from the manufacturer. We don't make the candy, we tracked down the manufacturers who are still in the business and then sell their candy on the internet. We package and ship our candy every day so it gets into your hands (and mouths) quickly.
The mission of the Old Time Candy Company is to provide childhood candy memories such as a way that it glorifies God and His plan for our lives. Our goal for every candy order is that it results in a "delighted customer" who will tell their friends.
We recognize the dignity of life in our customers, employees and suppliers and treat everyone who crosses our path with the highest standard of integrity and morality. The success of any organization depends on how it serves human needs through the combined efforts of people. We agree with President Theodore Roosevelt who said, "In any moment of decision the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing."
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
We like to think we're really in the "memory business." We hope the candy will take you on a trip down memory lane and remind you of good times past. We know everyone loves candy, but there's something special about Candy you ate as a kid®.
Why Buy from Us?
- We have tracked down over 80 manufacturers of Candy you ate as a kid®. Save time by ordering your old time candy from one source.
- During hot weather we will include a free, refrigerant gel-pack to protect your candy from melting. If necessary we will include more than one, and those gel-packs are reusable for picnics.
- We do not have a minimum order requirement.
- We don't play "games" with shipping costs. We charge the actual cost which is our contract price.
- We sell candy by the piece so that you do not have to buy a whole box or bulk bag of candy.
- Most of our candy and toys are in-stock. The product pages have an in-stock indicator. If for some reason we are out, you will be contacted by email within 1 business day.
- Orders placed by midnight usually ship the next business day. An email with tracking numbers is sent at that time
- Create an account in our shopping cart that will save your ordering information for future reference. We also have a "Saved Cart" feature.
- We provide industry-leading customer service. Contact us get a response within 1 business day, sooner most of the time.
- No-haggle, 100% money back guarantee. If you are not satisfied for any reason we will refund your purchase price including the shipping charges.
- Our optional gift enclosure cards are hand-written by actual people for a personal touch. Look for it during checkout.
- Free shipping on orders over $250 and all APO/FPO orders (up to a max of $25).